Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Spiritual Voyage of my Grand Father

Suddenly two very dark faces pooped into the farley open doors of my grand father’s room.

“Ok I will come with you but not today, give me one night only” my grand father uttered.

This conversation made me astonished, only four persons were inside the room me, my grand father and two strangers, it was really hard to believe I was sitting in front of two tall black Yamdoots.

After few seconds I saw a grin on face of my grandfather probably Yamdoots were gone as I was seeing smoke going out of the window.

I cann’t say much about that instance but one thing I can say is I was sharing the moment with a monk. Next day in the morning he completed his odyssey and kindled my insight.

For me his odyssey was extraordinary he had tight schedule of his routine work which never changed. Waking very early in the morning around 4 am then doing some exercise and reading Bhagwat Gita , Ramayana and other hindu religious books was part of his life style. He did all simple things to reach such highs.

My great grand father had two wives, my grand father was only son of my first great grandmother and second great grandmother had given birth to five siblings (three sons and two daughters) and as per my believe my grand father was most educated in all not only because he had extremely good knowledge of Sanskrit language but also because of his knowledge of applying education in practical situations.

When grampanchayat decided that my great grandfather’s property will be divided in two equal halves –one for my grand father and second half for others. He was the first person to object on the decision and finally as per his will the property was divided equally in four brothers. And slowly slowly he left all the materialistic things and lived his life in the name of god.

Thank you dada ji for giving some precious moments to live with you .

Manish Tripathi



No comments: